Software Engineer with Kubernetes
R&D / Gdansk, Poland
Do you know every secret behind a Kubernetes cluster? If you have programming experience and if scalability, security, reliability, and automation are your watchwords, then this position is for you.
Dynatrace is taming modern cloud complexity with observability, automation, and intelligence all in one platform. Help us deliver the Dynatrace platform automatically on Kubernetes.
About the role
We are looking for self-driven, top-notch engineers who are not afraid of making an impact - you will be tasked with driving the transition to Kubernetes using state-of-the-art solutions.
We want to delight our customers with a product that always works. We would love for you to be a great engineer, but more importantly, you must be motivated and love solving real and complex problems. As an integral member of the engineering team, you’ll be helping us build the next-generation platform solution. You will be crafting and improving highly scalable, highly available, production-grade infrastructure and applications in Kubernetes as well as promoting microservice design patterns in complex working environments. You will be contributing to the technology stack underlying Dynatrace and will be able to shape it and extend its capabilities.
We are fully remote until Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and it is safe to socialize. In the Post-Covid 19 reality we offer hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
If that sounds like your kind of place, we'd like to talk to you. Interested? Cause we are.
You’ll be responsible for
- Designing our Kubernetes clusters to guarantee a high degree of reliability, security, and scalability
- Setting up & orchestrating containerized, multi-cloud, multi-region Kubernetes environments
- Supporting and implementing Kubernetes internal components and applications
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems in production
- Continuously building upon and improving the Dynatrace product
- Acting as one of our Kubernetes experts, championing containerization and mentoring others
- Cooperating cross-functionally with other teams to influence their technical decisions and aid in moving into cloud-native territory
- Participating in building the product roadmap
- Sharing knowledge
Desired skills & experience
- Proficient engineer in one of the following: Go, Python, or Java
- Experience with Docker/Containerd, Kubernetes, Helm
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Kubernetes architecture and operations
- Strong background in cloud computing and distributed software design and development
- Proven record of experience in delivering high-quality technology products/services
- Experience with maintenance, such as Kubernetes patches and upgrades in a production environment
- Knowledge of cloud-native operation aspects like zero-downtime upgrades, disaster recovery, and chaos engineering
- Linux administration and shell scripting skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good English communication skills
- Great team-player skills
Welcome additional skills. Any combination of these competences that are listed below is welcome:
- DevOps skills and 'as-a-code' mindset
- Ability to research latest technologies and choose the right tool for the task at hand
- Infrastructure and application monitoring familiarity
- Ansible, Bazel, Rancher, Nix
- Your favorite cloud-native tools
It is not in our DNA to hire smart people and tell them what to do. We thrive on our skills and knowledge and act as a team of people where everyone can perform in their area of excellence.
Come join us and solve some of the most challenging technical problems on the planet!
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Lab in Poland, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.
Regular: 10k - 16k PLN gross per month
Senior: 14k - 22k PLN gross per month