It’s that time of year, when we announce our annual Best of the Web and mobile performance award winners.
Each year we evaluate the performance of Web and mobile home pages and key user transactions for the largest businesses and web properties and determine the top-performing Web and mobile sites for the entire year.
Our third annual Compuware Best of the Web and Mobile Performance awards showcase the leaders in Web and mobile site performance from seven major industries nationwide – automotive, financial services, healthcare, insurance, media, retail and travel. The winners were determined based on the response time, availability and consistency of their Web and mobile sites in 2011.
This year’s study has been expanded to reflect both Web and mobile site managers’ continuous push to evaluate performance closest to end users’ actual experience, and the accelerated growth of the mobile market. This year’s report includes:
- Coverage of the best performers measured from the Gomez Last Mile, a global network of 150,000+ desktop computers providing synthetic testing that most closely measures the true end-user experience
- Added coverage of new vertical markets for both web and mobile site performance
- Recognition of best performance for: key business transactions, mobile home pages, web site home pages on the Gomez Last Mile and One Web for combined best performance for the key business transaction, mobile home page and website home page on the Gomez Last Mile
The award winners are determined based on the following:
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Website Transaction Winners — winners had the best combined performance ranking for response time, availability and consistency in 2011 on the business transaction benchmark for the industry.
- One Web Winner — winners had the best combined performance in 2011 for business transaction, Last Mile and mobile measurements. Each of the three benchmarks had equal weighting.
- Last Mile Leader — the award winner had the best combined performance for response time, availability and consistency, measured from the Gomez Last Mile network.
- Mobile Leader — the award winner had the best combined performance for response time, availability and consistency in 2011.
There are only two winners that have managed to hold the top award positions for their category for three consecutive years – Fidelity is a three-time Gold award winner, and JetBlue is a three-time Mobile Leader award winner.
Congratulations to all of the 2011 Best of the Web winners!
These companies have worked hard to ensure that their Web and mobile site performance is a differentiator and drives business. With the lightning-speed of technology change and marketing innovation, they have made a commitment to continuous improvement as they evolve their sites to meet their customers’ needs and expectations.
The results have been published in a comprehensive report “Best of the Web 2011: Compuware Gomez Web and Mobile Performance Awards” that includes an analysis of each industry, detailed measurements of each winner’s overall Web or mobile site 2011 performance, and insight into the leaders’ best practices for optimizing Web and mobile site performance.