Ten years ago, the main goal for managers in network operations was to ensure the network was simply up and running. Today a well performing network does not guarantee that critical business applications are being successfully delivered to users.
The reality for IT and operations is dealing with requests for faster, always available applications and as a consequence organizations are converging network and application performance to optimize delivery of business-critical applications and services.
Many IT organizations have defaulted to component-level monitoring of the network, servers and database tiers that lead to incomplete views of application performance. Network-centric approaches to monitoring have traditionally lacked insight into overall application performance and what really matters: the end-user’s experience.
And the reverse has been true too. Traditional application performance monitoring solutions have been unable to monitor and diagnose network performance issues. When Application Performance Management (APM) and Network Performance Management (NPM) reports are unified and delivered in context to one another, mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) is reduced, performance management costs are slashed and deployment is simplified.
As part of our APM Spring 2012 Platform Release, today we introduced new innovations in our Data Center Real User Monitoring solution which integrates APM and NPM to tackle the increasing challenges of complex, multi-tier data centers.
Using a single device and a unified reporting interface for best-in-class application and network performance management, Compuware APM enables IT and operations experts to tackle the increasing challenges of complex data centers. Our single solution manages both application and network performance and includes:
- A single point of instrumentation: reduces costs and delivers network diagnostics in context of application performance;
- Private cloud and virtualization ready: delivers the industry’s most complete coverage for cloud and virtualized infrastructure, introducing support for Cisco VNTag, and extended support for Citrix XenApp, VMWare vSphere and IBM AIX Micro-partitioning;
- Auto-correlated code-level analysis: provides drill-down to application root cause in seconds via fully integrated dynaTrace PurePath analysis;
- Integrated synthetic monitoring: delivers proactive monitoring for web and non-web applications;
- New pricing and entry-level offerings: enables single application and project-based deployments, with seamless extensibility into a comprehensive APM solution; and
- 100+ improvements to monitoring 30+ enterprise application environments: including SAP, Microsoft Exchange, Oracle E-Business, IBM DB2, IBM WebSphere MQ, SQL, HTTP/S and others.
This release also introduces new pricing and entry-level offerings that allow IT teams to easily start with a single application, then seamlessly and cost-effectively scale to enterprise-wide deployments.
To read more about our APM innovations and details on all the new enhancements included in the Compuware APM Spring 2012 Platform Release, click here.