Dynatrace Ruxit deep .NET monitoring support has been in beta for a while now. Beginning with Dynatrace Ruxit Agent v1.75, it’s now generally available!
Here’s what you get:
- Full visibility into all incoming and outgoing web requests of your .NET application pools.
- Visibility into method-level hotspots in your code.
- Automatic failure detection and exception root cause analysis down to the code level.
- Database support that shows you each SQL call so you can know when your application makes too many DB requests.
- Monitoring of garbage collection suspension and CPU consumption metrics related to garbage collection suspension.
- Process CPU consumption breakdown.
- Automatic hotspot analysis.
Activating .NET support
.NET deep monitoring support is automatically enabled in IIS application pools for all new customers and trial users.
You can enable .NET support either globally (go to Settings > Monitored technologies) or on a per-host basis (from any Host page, click Edit to access host settings).
Standalone .NET processes
Standalone .NET processes are not deeply monitored by default. To enable deep monitoring for a specific process, go to Settings > Monitoring overview > Process groups and enable the Service monitoring switch.